News from Jan 31, 2018
The HSOZKULT invites papers that address, but must not necessarily be limited to, the following issues:
- Urban development policies and the “Urban International” in the global South,
- ‘urban metabolism’, resource systems, and waste management,
- housing and the social challenge of slums,
- the remaking of urban infrastructures,
- sustainability, resilience, and climate change,
- energy systems,
- ‘good governance’ in the city,
- transnational knowledge exchanges and the transformation of the urban,
- case studies of individual projects, architects, engineers, experts, or institutions.
The conference will take place in Berlin. Participants will be reimbursed for travel expenses and accommodation. We are planning to publish select conference proceedings with a well-established university press.
Scholars interested in participating in the conference are asked to send an abstract (200 to 400 words, in English) and a short curriculum vitae to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before March 18, 2018.
In order to facilitate scholarly interchange, participants will circulate their papers before the conference, and will give only very brief oral summaries. Final papers (7000 to 8000 words, fully footnoted) are due October 1 and will be available to conference participants only.
Inquiries can be made to the conveners via the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
John F. Kennedy-Institut, Freie Universität Berlin
Lansstr. 7-9, 14 195 Berlin
More information here.