The application process for doctoral grants (funded by the DFG or DAAD-GSSP) and doctoral memberships (Promotionsplätze) is now closed. Applications are currently being reviewed. Invitations to the interviews in May will be sent out in mid-March.
If you would like to be informed about our new call for applications starting in November 2018, please send us an email.
We will not advertise any postdoctoral positions (i.e. holders of a PhD) for the academic year 2018-19. The application process for the DRS Dahlem Postdoc Fellowships program is now closed.
The following documents will have to be included in the online application. You will find all relevant details on the specificities (length, file size, etc,) of the documents listed below after registering on our application platform. We therefore kindly ask you to refrain from inquiries on application documents before accessing the online application form.
You can revise your application before submitting the complete application dossier and hence complete the application process in several steps. Please note that the referees who are supposed to submit a reference letter will not be informed before the application has been submitted. Deadline for the upload of reference letters is February 15, 2018.
- A Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- A Statement of Purpose of approx. 2 pages (in English)
- Copies of Earned Degrees/Diplomas/Graduation Certificates (High School, BA, MA, etc.)
- An Outline of the Dissertation Project of 8-10 pages (in English)
- A work plan/timeline (in English)
- A Writing Sample based on a chapter of the M.A. thesis or an already published journal article (in English or German)
- Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, CAS, CPE)
- Two Recent Letters of Reference (to be uploaded separately by the respective referee until Feb 15, 2018)
We will confirm receipt of your application by e-mail.
Reapplications: Please note that reapplication is only possible on the basis of a thoroughly revised outline of the dissertation project. Reapplications containing an outline which is identical with the previous one will not be taken into consideration.