The application process for up to 10 doctoral grants (funded by the DAAD-GSSP or DFG) of our doctoral program (starting date: October 1, 2017) has started. You can apply here via our online platform (deadline: January 31, 2017). Please note that we can only accept projects related to North American Studies/North America. You may wish to consult the instructions on the registration process before registering.
We will not advertise any postdoctoral positions (i.e. holders of a PhD) for the academic year 2017-18.
The following documents will have to be included in the online application. After the registration you can revise your application before eventually submitting the complete application dossier.
- A Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- A Statement of Purpose (in English)
- Copies of Earned Degrees/Diplomas/Graduation Certificates (High School, BA, MA, etc.)
- An Outline of the Dissertation Project (in English)
- A work plan/timeline (in English)
- A Writing Sample (in English or German)
- Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, CAS, CPE)
- Two Recent Letters of Reference
We will confirm receipt of your application by e-mail.
Reapplications: Please note that reapplication is only possible on the basis of a thoroughly revised outline of the dissertation project. Reapplications containing an outline which is identical with the previous one will not be taken into consideration.