Prize of the German Historical Institute London
News from Jun 11, 2021
The Prize of the German Historical Institute London is awarded annually for an outstanding Ph.D. thesis on
- German history (submitted to a British or Irish university),
- British history or British colonial history (submitted to a German university),
- British-German relations or British-German comparative history (submitted to a British, Irish, or German university).
The Prize is 1,000 Euros.
To be eligible, applicants must have successfully completed doctoral exams and vivas between 1 August 2020 and 31 July 2021.Application Details
To apply, send one copy of the thesis with
- a one-page abstract
- examiners’ reports on the thesis
- a brief CV
- a declaration that the work will not be published before the judges have reached a final decision
- a supervisor’s reference
to reach the Director of the German Historical Institute London, 17 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NJ, by 31 July 2021. Applications and theses should be sent by email as a PDF attachment to: email@example.com.
If the prize-winning thesis is on British history, British colonial history, British-German relations or British-German comparative history it may also be considered for publication in one of the Institute's publication series.