Job opening: two teaching assistants (tutors) for history department in Understanding North America (UNA)
News from Jul 26, 2023
The Department of History is looking for two teaching assistants* (tutors*) (m/f/d) from October 1st, 2023 – March 31st, 2024.
Deadline: August 14th, 2023.
Area of Responsibility:
- Supervision of the tutorial accompanying the basic course "Understanding North America A" with a focus on history. The tutorial requires a comprehensive basic knowledge of North American history and the ability to teach it in English.
- Assistance with the blackboard supervision of the course
- Assistance in preparing the course: research and procurement of literature; preliminary correction of the essays and tasks submitted (all submitted work is in English and partly also handwritten)
- Coordination and preparation of the e-examination
Additional Qualifications may include:
- MA North American Studies (with BA North American Studies) or BA students who have completed UNA, the orientation module, and the mandatory study abroad. Basic knowledge of North American history is a must.
- Excellent English language skills (equivalent to C1 of the European Framework of Reference), including very good English language and phrasing skills for the tutorials
- Strong organizational skills for coordinating the different subject tutorials and communicating with students and teachers
- Team skills for cooperating with the tutors* from other departments
- Very good research and library skills.
Applications must be sent to Prof. Dr. Jessica Gienow-Hecht by e-mail in PDF format: email@example.com.
In your email please include: University ID number, CV, letter of interest, transcripts and certificates.
More information can be found here (in German).