Job Opening in the Sociology Department
News from Jan 19, 2022
Zentralinstitut John-F.-Kennedy-Institut - Department of Sociology
Research Assistant (praedoc) / Research Associate (praedoc) (m/f/d) with 65%-part-time job limited to 5 years Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: Sociology_JFKI_WiMi
Application deadline: February 7, 2022
John F. Kennedy Institute, Department of Sociology
- Internationally visible research output aiming at publication in refereed journals and book series - Participation in teaching
- Active participation in applying for third-party funding - The successful candidate has the opportunity to develop her/his academic profile (PhD degree)
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in sociology or neighboring social sciences (at employment date at the latest)
- Interest in one or more of the following research topics: economic sociology, historical sociology, political economy, American sociology
- Experience in working with quantitative data, database construction or computational social sciences
- Very good language skills in English, more languages are a plus
Applications should be sent by e-mail, together with significant documents (research proposal / writing sample), indicating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Prof. Dr. Sebastian Kohl: firstname.lastname@example.org .
On the given occasion and for the duration of the essential on-site operations by Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Department of Sociology
Prof. Dr. Sebastian Kohl
Lansstr. 7-9, 14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.
Publication date: January 17, 2022