SCRIPTS/WZB Press and Public Relations Officer (f/m/x)
News vom 23.02.2021
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center’s Global Governance unit in the research area International Politics and Law (Director: Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn) is seeking a
Press and Public Relations Officer (f/m/x)
to be employed for a period of two years, starting preferably on 15th May 2021, with a weekly working load of 19.5 hours (50% of full-time), with a possibility to increase the hours, as well as to extend the time of employment until 31st December 2025. The position is embedded in the Excellence Cluster “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS).
The Cluster of Excellence, SCRIPTS, examines current debates around the model of liberal democracy and market economy from historical, global, and comparative perspectives. It combines the expertise available in Berlin in the social sciences and regional studies, and collaborates with research institutions in all regions of the world and practical institutions from politics, culture, and society (http://www.scripts-berlin.eu).
Besides the WZB, the Cluster of Excellence includes the Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, the Hertie School of Governance, the Centre for East European and International Studies, the German Institute for Economic Research, the German Institute of Global and Area Studies, and the Leibniz Centre for Modern Oriental Studies.
The position is responsible for the press and public relations of the Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS and works closely with the spokespersons (Prof. Dr. Tanja Börzel and Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn) and the office at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Coordination and organization of the press and public relations work of the Cluster of Excellence: target group-oriented communication of the research content for national and international publics, partners, and multipliers, as well as presentation of the Cluster of Excellence internally and externally together with the co-spokespersons and the management
- Conceptual development, planning, editorial production, and support of the website and social media activities (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Planning, coordination, and editing of the quarterly newsletter
- Conception/editing, implementation, and production of audio and video content (podcast, videocasts) in cooperation with the Knowledge Exchange Lab
- Coordination and editorial management (text/image) of the Cluster’s own blog in collaboration with the editorial team
- Collaboration in network building and maintenance in the areas of public relations and media
- Expert referral to media and other multipliers
- Development, expansion, and maintenance of media contacts with national and international press (in cooperation with the press offices of Freie Universität Berlin and the research institutions)
Remuneration: EG 13 in accordance with German Public Service Wage Agreement (TVöD Bund).
What the WZB offers: In addition to appropriate compensation, a position in an internationally networked organization, dedicated teams, and a family-friendly atmosphere with corresponding support services.
- Completed studies in the field of journalism, communication, humanities or social sciences
- First professional experience in the above-mentioned field of activity, preferably in a scientific institution
- Excellent oral and written expression skills in German and English, possibly knowledge of another language
- Confident handling of common computer software such as MS-Office
- High degree of initiative and organizational skills
- Confident and friendly demeanour
- Interest in the research topics of the Cluster of Excellence
- Interest in science communication for the general public and a high affinity for social media is an asset
Equally well qualified disabled persons will be given priority. We value diversity and welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. The WZB expressly invites women and people with an immigrant background to apply.
Candidates are kindly required to send their application documents (including a letter of motivation, tabular curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant certificates) per e-mail, in the form of one single PDF file (max. 4 MB), no later than 28th March 2021 to:
Katinka von Kovatsits, firstname.lastname@example.org
The interviews will be conducted online via video conference.
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung gGmbH
Reichpietschufer 50, 10785 Berlin