Course Credits and Conversion of Courses

Credit Points for Courses from Other Universities

Please fill out this form if you are looking to receive credit points to count toward your degree from universities other than the Free University of Berlin, or from departments and institutes that are not the Kennedy Institute.

The form first has to be signed by a member of the department in which you seek credit. Please bring transcripts, syllabi, or other relevant documents. Afterwards, all documents have to be submitted to Prof. Dr. Harald Wenzel for final review. Submissions can be made by post, during his office hours, or handed in at the office of the Sociology department, where students can pick up them up about a week later.

Please keep the original form and hand in a copy at the Department of Examination and Auditing (Prüfungsbüro).

Conversion of Courses

In some cases, it is possible to convert classes taken at the Kennedy Institute to receive credit for them in a module different from the one it has originally been offered in (for example, if you wish to obtain credit for a seminar in a different department, or if you want to transfer a seminar from Module A to Module B or C, etc.). You can find the corresponding form here. As in the case described above, the form has to be signed by a member of the department first, and afterwards by Prof. Dr. Harald Wenzel.

Unfortunately, all forms are only available in German. If you need assistance with filling out the form or have any other remaining questions, please consult the student advisor.
Banner for Lecture and Course Catalog