John F. Kennedy Institute Alumni Association
Founded in 1998 as a „Verein“, the Alumni Association has merged, upon its 20th Anniversary, with the Ernst-Reuter-Gesellschaft der Freunde, Förderer und Ehemaligen der Freien Universität Berlin e.V. (ERG), which unites alumni from across all branches of Freie Universität. As a chapter of ERG, the Alumni Association continues to work in support of the John F. Kennedy Institute and its alumni.
The Alumni Association provides former students, teachers and staff members the opportunity to stay in contact with the John F. Kennedy Institute and the Graduate School of North American Studies (GSNAS) and to support their work. The Board of the Alumni Association currently consists of the following members:
- Tim David Kremser (Chair)
- Anja Adler (Assistant Chair)
We always happily welcome new members. Any past and current students, teachers and staff members of the Kennedy Institut and the Graduate School are welcome gto join our chapter in ERG.
The Activities of the Alumni Association include:
An annual event, that brings together new graduates, teaches, staff members and former students. In recent years, the JFKI has held its annual graduation ceremony on the last Saturday of November. The next graduation ceremony will be held on November 25th, 2023.
The institute's alumni are active in a wide range of career fields and represent a great source of experience and advice for students of the Institute. The Alumni Association has already organized several Career Panels in which alumni working in the fields of journalism, media and publishing have shared their insights with JFKI students.
How can Alumni support the Kennedy Institute?
- Prospective Members: Find information on membership on the ERG website (linked to at the end of this page). The membership fee is tax deductible.
- Feel free to suggest activitiesand events to us via email.
- Donationsare always welcome. We look forward to inquiries via our email adress firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take up a magazine subscription for the Kennedy Institute‘s library.