Job offer: 2 positions as teaching assistant (tutor) for UNA B Sociology
News from Dec 07, 2022
The Department of Sociology is looking for two teaching assistants (tutors)
from April 1st, 2023 – September 30, 2023
Area of Responsibility:
- Supervision of the tutorial accompanying the basic course "Understanding North America B" with a focus on sociology. The tutorial requires a comprehensive basic knowledge of sociology and the ability to teach it in English.
- Assistance with the blackboard supervision of the course;
- assistance in preparing the course;
- research and procurement of literature;
- preliminary correction of the essays and tasks submitted (all submitted work is in English and partly also handwritten);
- coordination and preparation of the e-examination.
Additional Qualifications may include:
- MA North American Studies or MA Sociology/Social Sciences (with BA North American Studies or BA Sociology/Social Sciences), or BA students who have completed UNA, the orientation module, and the mandatory study abroad. Comprehensive knowledge in the social sciences is mandatory.
- Excellent English language skills (equivalent to C1 of the European Framework of Reference), including very good English language and phrasing skills for the tutorials,
- strong organizational skills for coordinating the different subject tutorials and communicating with students and teachers,
- team skills for cooperating with the tutors* from other departments,
- very good research and library skills.
Applications must be sent to Prof. Dr. Sebastian Kohl by e-mail by December 26, 2022 in PDF format:
In your email please include:
University id number, CV, letter of interest, transcripts and certificates
More information can be found here (in German).