Ongoing research projects include:
- Varieties of institutional investors: what is the role of institutional investors in financial capitalism and why do they differ so much across capitalist economies?
- Housing shortages: what are the causes and consequences of inequalities in residential floor areas?
- Insuring capitalism: what is the historical evolution of private insurance, why has it differed across the Maritime vs. Alpine economies and what are the consequences of different insurance cultures?
- Are there trade-offs between the public welfare state and private modes of welfare provision (insurance, homeownership)?
- Financial capitalism: why are financial institutions governing private wealth so different across countries and time? What are the micro-effects of different private household wealth compositions?
- Social housing: why was Red Vienna possible (and not elsewhere)? What is the long-run evolution of social housing rates nationally?