Our questions towards potential speakers!
If you have an addition to this primer or constructive criticism, don't be afrad to contact us about it!
○ What did you study and why?
■ Undergrad & Post-grad – did you get a higher degree? Why or why not?
○ Did what you study inﬂuence your current career choice?
■ If so, how and in what way? If not, why not?
○ How did you get to where you are today?
■ Side-jobs, part-time jobs, self-study, connections
○ Did you undertake any internships or extra-curricular activities?
■ If so, how did you find them, and apply?
○ How did you go about deciding your career/your ﬁeld?
○ What was the event/catalyst for getting you to the path you’re on now?
○ How did you establish a network?
■ How did you determine what experiences and connections were worthwhile?
■ Who helped you the most?
○ What were your challenges (big or small) and how did you overcome them?
○ What do you ﬁnd most rewarding or fulﬁlling about what you do?
○ What is the worst thing you’ve seen your colleagues do?
■ What are the don’ts in your job?
■ What’s the worst thing [about your job]?
○ What is your work-life balance?
○ If you want this speciﬁc job or want to work in this particular ﬁeld, what do you need to know?
■ What are the circumstances you have to plan for?
(Such as Moving / time commitments / lifestyle changes / etc.)
○ Would you recommend the same path you took? How would you recommend going about it now?
○ Are you where you want to be? What’s next? What are your plans? Further education etc.?
○ Do you have any links/resources/books/recommendations you’d like to share with us/the students?
○ Is there anything that you would like to know about us (the students)?
○ Would you be open to providing your contact information to any students who want to know more from you about the ﬁeld or wish to network with you?
■ If yes, please provide your preferred contact details (email / LinkedIn).