"Berlin Talks" Panel Discussion on the 2020 U.S. Elections with Prof. Dr. Steinhardt
Public Online Panel Discussion on the 2020 U.S. Elections
English-language panel discussion series 'Berlin Talks' presented by the international short-term study programs FU-BEST and FUBiS of Freie Universität Berlin, broadcast live on November 19, 2020 at 7 p.m. (Central European time)
The international programs FU-BEST (European Studies) and FUBiS (International Summer and Winter University) present an online panel discussion entitled „U.S. Elections 2020: Reflecting on the Domestic and International Dimensions and Implications“. Five experts will discuss the national and international dimensions and implications of the U.S. elections. The discussion will take place in English; audience participation is welcome via online chat during the live-stream broadcast.
The panel members for this edition of „Berlin Talks“ will reflect on the political, economic, and societal background and consequences of the elections, as well as their consequences for U.S. foreign and security policy.
- Dr. Dirk Verheyen (Moderator): Academic Director, FU-BEST
- Prof. Dr. Christian Lammert: John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies at Freie Universität Berlin; research emphasis on North American political systems
- Prof. Dr. Lora Anne Viola: John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies at Freie Universität Berlin; research emphasis on North American foreign and security policy
- Prof. Dr. Max Steinhardt: John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies at Freie Universität Berlin; research emphasis on the economy of North America
- Dr. Klaus Scharioth: retired German diplomat (Ambassador in Washington DC, 2006-2011)
- Ms Katrin Bennhold: Berlin Bureau of The New York Times
Broadcast of the panel discussion:
- Thursday, 19 November 2020, 7:00-8:30 p.m. CET
- Live stream via Webex Events, password: BjUeYrZS976;
available later on the website as well as on the YouTube channels of the organizing programs FU-BEST and FUBiS
- The event will be held in English and will be broadcast live from the Academic Senate Hall of Freie Universität Berlin. Online viewers are invited to participate via the chat with questions and comments.
About Berlin Talks:
This interactive and public online event series addresses social issues, discussed and examined from different perspectives by internationally recognized experts, and is organized by the international short-term study programs of the Freie Universität Berlin FU-BEST and FUBiS