Information on the Coronavirus can be found here.
Why use ERASMUS ?
- no tuition fees at the exchange university
- ERASMUS grants for mobility
- support before, during and after your stay from both home and exchange university
- full credit transfer for courses completed abroad through ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
The departments of the JFKI accept applications from students of all curricula and all phases of their studies. The application deadline usually is January 31st (check the deadlines of the departments); nominations for one of the partner universities will be sent out subsequently.
The standard application documents comprise:
- The completed online application form available on the Erasmus portal.
- Current certificate of enrollment
- Transcript of all courses completed to date including records of achievement and marks
- Curriculum Vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation (English or German)
A language certificate is not required for the ERASMUS application. However, you should check the language requirement of the university abroad you would like to apply to. If they require a language certificate, it is your responsibility to meet this requirement by the time you have to enroll at the host university. Remember to check the enrollment deadline at the host university.
To increase your chances of receiving an exchange place, it is recommended to list three exchange priorities in the application form and motivation letter. Please make clear which departement at the JFKI you are applying through in the motivation letter. It is possible to apply through more than one department, but note that priority will be given to students who aim to take classes in the discipline they are applying through.
Information on Erasmus exchange partners can be found on the individual department pages:
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
Application forms are available through the Student Exchange Office of the Freie Universität Berlin.
Information for Incoming Erasmus Students
Dear Incoming students, you can find information on how to proceed here.