In order to apply at a partner university through the Erasmus prgram, students must be enrolled full-time at the FU Berlin and have completed their first year of studies.
BA-students from the 3rd semester
MA-students from the 2nd semester
For any study cycle (BA, MA, Doc) the minimum duration of stay is 3 months and the maximum 12 months.
Students can complete one or more mobility phases per study cycle. Each cycle can be funded for a total of 12 months. This applies to all levels of study.
Benefits of ERASMUS+
- no tuition fees at the host university
- ERASMUS grants for mobility
- support before, during and after your stay from both home and host university
- full credit transfer for courses completed abroad through ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
- special grants for single-parents studying abroad
- special grants for students with special needs
combining studies with internship (see requirements here)
Application and Documents
31st of January: Application for the following winter term and the subsequent summer semester
15th of May: Leftover places for the summer semester of the following year.
Required application documents:
- The completed online application form available on the Erasmus portal.
- Current certificate of enrollment
- Transcript of record listing completed courses and evidencing foci area
- Curriculum Vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation (English or German)
A language certificate is not required for the ERASMUS application. However, please check the language requirement of the host university. If a language certificate is required, it is your own responsibility to meet this requirement by the time you have to enroll at the host university. Remember to check the enrollment deadline at the host university after your nomination.
To increase your chances of receiving an exchange place, it is recommended to list three exchange priorities in the application form and motivation letter. Please make clear which department at the JFKI you are applying through in your motivation letter. It is possible to apply through more than one department. However, priority will be given to students who aim to take classes in the discipline they are applying through.
Host Universities of Departments and Contact
After your nomination you will have to prepare your study plans. This is done in a Learning Agreement. Please find a guide to the online Learning Agreement (OLA) here.
Genereal FAQs about the Erasmus exchange are available here.
Incoming Erasmus Students
Dear Incoming students, you can find information on how to proceed here.